Calculate Your God Delusion Index

tags: , , , , , , , , ,

This is a STUPID video that I found -- a quiz that supposedly measures how deluded by religion you are. I'm glad this hateful moron won't be spending the next trillion years in heaven with Jesus and me!

• Bill says:

That's 6:19 minutes I'd like to have back. It WAS silly. Not Ministry of Silly Walks silly. This was bad silly.

• Jani says:

Would you like to elaborate a bit?

Why do you think this person is a hateful moron, and why would you hope for an eternal punishment on any other creature (that's how I understand "I’m glad this hateful moron won’t be spending the next trillion years in heaven with Jesus and me!")?

That wish is probably the least ethical thing a person can ever hope. I'm glad that I won't spend the eternity with anyone with such ethics.

• Jani says:

(If this was all satire, then I simply missed the joke.)

• Ok, so what?

Only a trillion years, is that enough time to prepare for super heaven?

• Marius says:

Got 5 points for question 5: meditation and such may result in knowledge not attainable by normal thought. However, I will not discuss the usefulness of that knowledge in trying to get a PhD (or anything else).

• patrick says:

In summary:

Are you Buddhist or or somewhat new-agey? Give yourself a few points. You're a generally decent human being, just not quite as right about everything as I am.

Are you Christian? Give yourself a bajillion points. You are obviously a self-righteous, raging mad, genocidal lunatic incapable of any and all logical thought. You probably practice animal (or human) sacrifice in your basement, and you aren't as good as me. If I let you near my children, you'll probably torture them in order to poison their minds. You should go down a hole and die. Oh, and I'm better than you.

• fakename says:

Hateful moron? For calling religions delusions?

• Pseudonym says:

I recognise the voice: It's Edward Current, who is a parody artist.
    Personally, I there's a much simpler one-question "God delusion index" which works most of the time. The question is: "Do you believe that belief in God is delusional?"
    If you answered "yes", then you are completely ignorant about psychiatry in general, and delusional disorder specifically. If you answered "yes", and also objected to the question on the grounds that it's a non-technical figurative use of the word "delusion" and you also object to it when woo-woo advocates use terms like "energy" or "quantum" in a similar figurative sense, give yourself extra points.